[governance] water as an analogy for the internet - refreshing look on needs for the future - a bit of expansion on the thought

Amali De Silva amalidesilva at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 26 14:03:30 EDT 2011

a few points on the looking at water as an analogy

as water is now growing to be a basic need rather than a source, a path, a safety net - the internet in G20 countries is an essential element of human life -we cant even do the census without it here !!! ( they give paper copies but really not convenient ) and tax info for accountants is on the internet ( that was where my first interest came for acces to the internet when I couldn't do my job with relative ease without the internet ) now travel without access to the internet it is a real inconvenience basic activities ....etc etc etc it has to be affordable access for all .....

Internet like water
Water – nourishment
Ice – it is there but not accessible
Mist / cloud – thats what some of the space is being called
Rain – when the cloud leaks / or sustainable resource
dry lakes - sourching of the resource
Snow – new forms and ideas still needs development
Puddles – groups / clusters of activity or rain
Rivers – the old internet highways
Streams – all those that feed the river
Resevoirs – the data banks and warehouses
Dams – what holds stops and moderates flow
Underground water – the activity that impedes the original intent, spam ++
Water quality and safety - security , filtering
Hydro power – what you can do with it ? with what drivers ?
What carries on water ? What sinks ? what is within it ?
Etc etc  analogy of water as a refreshing source for the future of the planet for e-G8/20 ++
The question is then if water is like internet what has been missed out / what gaps need full filling ? PERT - political economic regulatory technological what at the SWOT strengths weaknessess opportunities and threats and GAPS ( General Application Principles and Standards - just coined this one for us now  ) I believe you want to base it on HR ....
and dont forget kids they are a different group to youth !!

Amali De Silva - Mitchell  Vancouver Canada
16047369012

Difficult to give up this passion for the internet and its wonders !!

Private & Confidential