[governance] IPv4 - IPv6 incompatiblity (was Re: Towards Singapore)

John Curran jcurran at istaff.org
Fri Jun 17 07:27:37 EDT 2011

Paul -

  Excellent points.  I also go to great length to stress how the protocols
  that we use everyday (such as http for web and smtp for email) run without
  change over IPv4 and IPv6 equally well and that this interoperability was
  an explicit design goal.  Further, we planned that IPv4 and IPv6 services
  can run together over your existing Internet equipment at the same time.
  The petro and electric cars on the same roads is a good analogy; I'm sure
  I'll be making use of it in explanations going forward.

Thanks!
/John

     governance at lists.cpsr.org