[governance] Job Opportunity @ EFF - International Outreach Coordinator
katitza at eff.org
Thu Jul 28 21:58:40 EDT 2011
EFF is hiring....
International Outreach Coordinator
The Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF), a nonprofit organization based in San Francisco's Mission District, is looking for a full-time International Outreach Coordinator.
Job responsibilities include:
· Communicating our sometimes complex technical and policy issues to "mom and pop" in a clear, compelling and concise voice;
· Writing blog posts about EFF’s international work quickly as events unfold;
· Providing home support for other members of the international team when they are on the road (which may require being awake, efficient and cheerful at 2:00 a.m.);
· Developing innovative Internet activism campaigns that engage EFF's membership, our international partner organizations, and the general public;
· Monitoring emerging trends and developments in the areas of international freedom of expression, privacy, digital consumer rights and innovation via social networks, Twitter, traditional media outlets, etc.;
· Determining when issues deserve EFF attention and convincing others of their importance; and
· Maintaining the content of EFF's international webpages.
· Strong knowledge of one or more issues related to international freedom of expression, privacy, digital consumer rights, and/or innovation;
· Openness and ability to learn new issues quickly and comprehensively;
· Intellectual curiosity;
· Ability to write clearly, persuasively, and quickly for a range of audiences;
· Experience maintaining and contributing to a blog;
· Team player with strong interpersonal skills who also can work independently and is self-motivated; and
· Willingness to do some international travel (no more than 10%).
In addition, knowledge of or experience with any of the following would be advantageous:
· Fluency in language other than English; and
· Degree in communications or public policy.
This is a full-time position based in EFF's office in San Francisco, CA. To apply, send a cover letter and resume to intljob at eff.org. Please include links to at least two writing samples. No phone calls please!
You received this message as a subscriber on the list:
governance at lists.cpsr.org
To be removed from the list, visit:
For all other list information and functions, see:
To edit your profile and to find the IGC's charter, see:
Translate this email: http://translate.google.com/translate_t
More information about the Governance