[governance] Is This An Issue for Internet Governance/Internet Human Rights?

Roland Perry roland at internetpolicyagency.com
Mon Jul 25 09:03:28 EDT 2011

In message
<CAPcSPKXEAYi0iAm_SCVzDV1HReEpNDpnc7JqYtU8+JGw6AjQow at mail.gmail.com>, at
12:55:47 on Mon, 25 Jul 2011, Baudouin SCHOMBE
<baudouin.schombe at gmail.com> writes

>A matter of understanding. Following your argument, it is assumed that
>application of international instruments such as human rights, a
>country already has a body of legislation and appropriate legal use of
>digital technology?

That's an important observation.

Does Internet Governance only apply to those activities which for
whatever reason their "Digital technology law" has failed to address, or
all digital technology that has some flavour of the Internet?

If it's the first, who decides if it really has failed, rather than
succeeded in following policy principles other than those they would
have preferred?

Roland.

Roland Perry
     governance at lists.cpsr.org