[governance] Request for Information [ICT4 health/ E Health]

Imran Ahmed Shah ias_pk at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 23 15:18:40 EDT 2011

Ronald given a good example from real world.Actually txt sms method may not guarantee even its delivery. The alternate is constant session of mobile phone to the server, such as used during prepaid card charging or when you acquire account balance etc. But the important point in his example is that the network operators could not provide commitment of QoS even if the consumer (health authorities) has demand to save human life's and were demanding the implementation of Governance).I have an example opposite to his case, in a country of Asian Region, Telecom Authority has banned (since last two years) to use wireless networks on equipments of ISM frequency band (2.4/5.8 GHz) for using it more then 100 meter distance. Where as that kind of equipment are used for point to point data connectivity for long distance (e.g. 25km for 11mbps bandwidth)About 10,000 pairs were deployed since 1996 but now the investment of millions will become waste, even the ATM
 links of popular Banking Sectors will be stopped.Fortunately, an ISP of a Public Educational Institute has been allowed to deploy wireless network of same ISM frequency equipment to implement the e-Health project of their parent educational institute in rural areas.So called representatives (Slogan/Title holders) of that Country for Governance of Internet, Rights of the Consumers and Development of ICT are being still awarded with certificates and shields, but practically -ive policies implementation is their practice.However, we can say thanks to them for relaxing their rules for one the e-health project.I hope this will be an interesting story for you. Imran

     governance at lists.cpsr.org