[governance] Is This An Issue for Internet Governance/Internet Human Rights?

Paul Lehto lehto.paul at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 14:32:59 EDT 2011

On 7/22/11, Kerry Brown <kerry at kdbsystems.com> wrote:
>> Secondly, you distinguish "legal issues" and "internet governance issues."
>> There's a great deal of overlap between the two.
>
> I believe I mentioned this. I expressed where I thought the divide should
> be.

And the point is, just because you and other people believe that the
government should not get involved in a particular issue does not mean
that issue is not part of "internet governance."  In English we borrow
from French the term "laissez faire" to generally describe this kind
of governance policy.  It most certainly is an issue of internet
governance, even if the laissez faire side wins the day on a given
issue.

So, did I misquote your prior message?  Given my use of the term
governance, do you still think that something is not an issue of
"internet governance" if a laissez faire attitude is the actual
approach taken, or if it is the "right" approach?
--
Paul R Lehto, J.D.
P.O. Box 1
lehto.paul at gmail.com