[governance] Re: The Internet (as we know it) can never be "private"

Miguel Alcaine miguel.alcaine at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 16:42:34 EDT 2011

Dear All,

>From the development point of view, the question is what can we do? and what
are the best ways? to improve interconnection costs at the local, national,
regional and international levels.

In this case, it is convenient to follow the levels in the suggested order:
First actions at the local, then national, etc. We need to overcome the
barriers to cheaper interconnection costs. One way of doing so, is promoting
IXP at the local, national and regional levels. The order is also important
to have more meaningful discussions at the next level.

Here, I am also very interested in the experience in Bulgaria. How ISPs
finally understood the convenience of IXPs ? Could Daniel help us in finding
out more information about it?

Another usual missing part of the equation is the promotion of content.
Infrastructure and content need to evolve hand in hand. Any good experiences
from anybody to share on this?

Best,

Miguel

Disclaimer
My ideas are those of my own and does not represent any position of my
employer or any other institution