[governance] Re: The Internet (as we know it) can never be "private"

Jean-Louis FULLSACK jlfullsack at orange.fr
Mon Jul 18 15:16:24 EDT 2011

Hey folks !

Are we on Fox News or in News of the World, or on a  Civil Society mailing list, exchanging opinions based on arguments -for or against- and on a minimum of respect and tolerance.

Salanieta is perfectly right when she reminds us the "robbery" African Internet users have been victims for years (and still are at a great  extent). Because of its sseriousness, this topic deserves more consideration than just a brooadside.

Let's hope that another rich debate (like this thread has proven to be, with a few occasional exceptions) will take place in a near future on the "bill" (not only financial but also sociological) Africans pay their access to information and communication through Internet and ICT in general, and the actual links to, and impact with, their future and the development of their country.

Best
Jean-Louis Fullsack