[governance] Re: The Internet (as we know it) can never be "private"

Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 18:32:33 EDT 2011

On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 9:29 AM, Roland Perry <
roland at internetpolicyagency.com> wrote:

> In message <CAJwbTiBp7QdnuRA20frHbpg9SZdY**f-X6wiwPPpv1PXm94cBbGg at mail.**
> gmail.com<CAJwbTiBp7QdnuRA20frHbpg9SZdYf-X6wiwPPpv1PXm94cBbGg at mail.gmail.com>>,
> at 00:29:30 on Mon, 18 Jul 2011, Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro <
> salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro@**gmail.com<salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com>>
> writes
>

>  Who says we are sitting for someone to give us a free lunch?
>>

> Promoting the "half circuit" model is in effect doing that.

I disagree and think that you have some serious stereotyping issues. I don't
know what you have against the developing world or what they did to you but
as policy writers, we cannot afford to enter global debates and forums with
preconceived stereotypes and biases that are presumptuous.

--
Sala

"Stillness in the midst of the noise".