[governance] Open Government and Internet?

michael gurstein gurstein at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 10:10:49 EDT 2011

As a supplement to Fouad's suggestions could I point to the following which
carry the discussion forwward in what I think are useful ways.

A Data Divide?
http://gurstein.wordpress.com/2011/07/11/a-data-divide-data-%E2%80%9Chaves%E
2%80%9D-and-%E2%80%9Chave-nots%E2%80%9D-and-open-government-data/

Wired article: http://www.wired.com/magazine/2011/06/st_essay_datafireworks/

A blogpost and very extensive and useful set of comments on Open Data/Open
Government:
http://gurstein.wordpress.com/2011/07/03/are-the-open-data-warriors-fighting
-for-robin-hood-or-the-sheriff-some-reflections-on-okcon-2011-and-the-emergi
ng-data-divide/

And more:
On "empowering the empowered" with Open Data:
http://gurstein.wordpress.com/2010/09/02/open-data-empowering-the-empowered-
or-effective-data-use-for-everyone/

Comments are always appreciated.

Mike