[governance] FW: TP: city government exercising policy on Google Applications / consumer rights / Consumer Protection Act / trial period

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Tue Jul 5 12:09:49 EDT 2011

On Tuesday 05 July 2011 08:20 PM, Lee W McKnight wrote:
> Not to give any lurking tax collectors heart palpitations, but with the growth of cloud services, this Taiwan case is just the tip of a virtual iceberg.
>
> But....us cs types coming out talking about global taxation authority/agreements is exactly the wrong thing to do.

Not necessarily the wrong thing to do. If this means illegitimate
economic flows from South to North and Southern public authorities being
starved of legitimate tax receipts, this  has direct and strong public
interest implications, including of welfare expenditure, and thus it is
an important civil society issue. parminder