[governance] Meeting report ECOSOC presentations

Jeremy Malcolm jeremy at ciroap.org
Sun Jul 31 23:39:27 EDT 2011

On 01/08/11 00:31, Marilia Maciel wrote:
> Just to complement and make my previous message more clear, what
> Brazil has successfully advanced (after difficult diplomatic
> negotiations with US and Iran) was a request for CSTD Secretariat to
> make a list of CS organizations that wish to participate in CSTD, but
> do not have accreditation with WSIS (text of the resolution quoted
> below). In the meantime, the current unequal arrangement was extended
> until 2015.
>
> In order to make sure that the list will indeed be made and in order
> to ensure that the process of making the list will be transparent, CS
> needs to act. What should CS do?

The Dynamic Working Coalition for Internet Governance Mapping, of which
I am a part, is about to launch a survey of civil society organisations
to ascertain their interest in participating in bodies such as the CSTD
that are currently closed to them.  The outcome of this survey will be
able to be used as an input for the CSTD Secretariat's list.  Is there a
deadline for the preparation of the list?

--

*Dr Jeremy Malcolm
Project Coordinator*

Consumers International (CI) is the world federation of consumer groups
that, working together with its members, serves as the only independent
and authoritative global voice for consumers. With over 220 member
organisations in 115 countries, we are building a powerful international
movement to help protect and empower consumers everywhere.
_www.consumersinternational.org <http://www.consumersinternational.org/>_
_Twitter @ConsumersInt <http://twitter.com/Consumers_Int>_

Read our email confidentiality notice
<http://www.consumersinternational.org/email-confidentiality>. Don't