[governance] FW: Egypt, let your people go online!

Anriette Esterhuysen anriette at apc.org
Mon Jan 31 09:56:27 EST 2011

Hi all

In September 2010 during food riots in Maputo all mobile service
providers in Mozambique shut down SMS in response to "instruction". They
first denied it, but then it came out in the end.

This is not at all unusual.  And as far as I know it did not even make
the international press.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201009131445.html

Anriette

anriette esterhuysen anriette at apc.org
executive director
association for progressive communications
www.apc.org
     governance at lists.cpsr.org