[governance] Internet blackout in Egypt

Walid Al-Saqaf admin at alkasir.com
Fri Jan 28 16:58:51 EST 2011

Hello all,

I'd like to share a link that explains what appears to have happened in
Egypt. I got it from the Liberation Tech mailing list, to which some of you
may have subscribed already:
http://www.renesys.com/blog/2011/01/egypt-leaves-the-internet.shtml

Unlike what was claimed about a cut of the cable, it appears to have been
instructions by the government.

Sincerely,

Walid

Walid Al-Saqaf
Founder & Administrator
alkasir for mapping and circumventing cyber censorship
https://alkasir.com <walid.al-saqaf at oru.se>