[governance] CSTD IX. Conclusions and recommendations

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Fri Jan 28 12:45:26 EST 2011

Jeanette Hofmann <jeanette at wzb.eu> wrote:

> I have tried to argue for more outcome oriented workshops. They should
> define some form of a goal in their workshop proposal. Alas, outcome
> orientation is a cultural issue as well. Many people in the
> international sphere tend to think in procedural terms. Perhaps we are
> just a bit demanding in this respect?

I think that it well-justified and quite necessary to be justly "a bit
demanding in this respect".

For some activity to be meaningful, it will quite generally need to
have some kind of output that becomes input for something else. Of
course, some of the potential results from discussions are of a kind
that is not compatible with the idea of recording them in some kind
of formal "output" document, and that does not make those kinds of
informal outputs any less valuable.

Greetings,
Norbert
     governance at lists.cpsr.org