[governance] Rights Online Petition

Kim Pham kpham26 at ucla.edu
Fri Jan 28 05:12:44 EST 2011

Hi all,

I have actually since left Access along with the co-founders and the Iran
team to start a new venture that will focus primarily on the development and
provision of technical solutions to individuals and groups working in closed
contexts.  Through this, we hope to improve the security of our clients,
access to information and protect their right to free expression.

Although our main focus is the on the ground work in the startup phase, we
will be staying involved with the Internet Governance community.  The policy
debates and issues set forth in this space have a significant impact on our
clients and the threats they face.  One of the founding members of this new
team, Cameran Ashraf, is currently pursuing a Ph.D. at UCLA studying the
geopolitics of the Internet, and as he moves toward candidacy, we anticipate
our involvement with the Internet governance community will grow.

Brett is in the best position to speak about Access and its current work,
including the petition that has been circulated on this list-serv.

All the best,

Kim