[governance] Rights online petition

Ian Peter ian.peter at ianpeter.com
Thu Jan 27 16:27:23 EST 2011

While I cant tell you a great deal, their Advisory Board adds good
credibility for me (moveon, avaaz, ethanzuckerman, peter gabriel, tor
project etc)

Ian

Andrew Lewman - Executive Director of the Tor Project
Andrew Rasiej - Founder of Personal Democracy Forum
Chris Hughes - Co-founder of Facebook and Director of Online Organizing for
Obama¹s Presidential Campaign
Eli Pariser - Former Executive Director and Current Board President of
MoveOn.org
Ethan Zuckerman - Harvard University's Berkman Center for Internet and
Society, Co-Founder of Global Voices Online
Joe Rospars - New Media Director for Obama¹s 2008 Presidential Campaign and
Founding Partner of Blue State Digital
Lawrence Lessig - Co-founder of Creative Commons and Professor at Harvard
Law School
Peter Gabriel - Grammy Award winning international musician and co-founder
of Witness and the Elders
Reihan Salam - Policy advisor at Economics 21, blogger and conservative
political analyst
Ricken Patel - Co-founder and Executive Director, Avaaz.org
Professor Ron Deibert - Director of the Citizen Lab, Co-founder of the
OpenNet Initiative and Psiphon
Tattu Mambetallieva Emilbekovna - Director of the Civil Initiative on
Internet Policy
Yvette J. Alberdingk Thijm - Executive Director, Witness