[governance] RE: The mobile/wireless grid - or is it ambient? - world

Lee W McKnight lmcknigh at syr.edu
Wed Jan 26 16:38:22 EST 2011

On Ian's note...

Bob Frankston will be speaking on 'Towards Ambient Connectivity' Friday 1.28 9:15-9:35am est.

Bob's the coinventor of electronic spreadsheets and home nets, who doesn't see why 19th century regs should constrain access to - connectivity - in 21st Century.

Context is our rather geeky 'Wireless Grid Innovation Testbed' meetings of the WiGiT Virtual Organization led by Syracuse and Virginia Tech; tip of cap to Derrick and American U for facilitating remote participation.

http://n.b5z.net/i/u/10001167/f/Agenda/7thWiGiTMeetingAgenda.1.28.2011FINAL.pdf

Info on WiGiT at: http://wglab.

IGCers are welcome to tune in if interested, assuming space available.

Lee

PS: Parminder, you may be alarmed or annoyed ; )  to know that OECD's been a partner for a couple years already, though frankly it just means they know we exist. It's all still early researchy days for our activities to develop new open specifications - for wireless grids. Whose policy or govenrnace implications we explored at:
 http://n.b5z.net/i/u/10001167/f/paper/TPRC2010_Wireless_Grids_or_Personal_Infrastructure_Implications.pdf