[governance] Agenda for the next CSTD WG meeting Fwd: Working Group on the improvement to the IGF

Fouad Bajwa fouadbajwa at gmail.com
Sat Jan 22 06:42:18 EST 2011

Still, a separate list doesn't make sense............it takes a lot
for many to follow just this one from the developing part of the
world.........I like the interpretation for small lists and
productivity but it doesn't answer the need for openness and
accessibility.

-- Foo

On Sat, Jan 22, 2011 at 4:28 PM, Roland Perry
<roland at internetpolicyagency.com> wrote:
> In message <AANLkTim8wekog9D_OLyPVkhpu5x4=TkD9kOZMa2s7skj at mail.gmail.com>,
> at 15:27:25 on Sat, 22 Jan 2011, Fouad Bajwa <fouadbajwa at gmail.com> writes
>>
>> Still, there was no need for a separate mailing list IMHO.
>
> There's a "Law of social networking" (of which the IGC lists are an example,
> and social networking has existed for at least 20 years before acquiring
> that sexy name) which says that if you spin off a separate discussion group
> it almost always dies. That's just a fact of life. Look at the [lack of]
> activity on the other three spun-off groups, for example.
>
> It requires a big commitment to make it work, which is one reason why small
> *closed* lists are the most successful - the people who want to discuss
> their business in private are demonstrating that commitment (to keeping
> their discussion closed).
> --
> Roland Perry
>    http://www.igcaucus.org/