[governance] Re: A warning

David Goldstein goldstein_david at yahoo.com.au
Tue Jan 11 18:57:52 EST 2011

Izumi et al,

I'm not really concerned about a warning as the list is rather ineffective and
barking up trees to no avail. It seems the group wants to "caucus", for example,
a totally inappropriate term given my dictionary defines caucus as "(a  meeting
of) a small group of people in a political party or  organisation who have a lot
of influence, or who have similar interests." This list is not a political party
and I haven't seen it yet to have any influence, let alone a lot of influence.
Maybe people have a similar interest, but they have no influence. As my contacts
in internet governance circles comment, this list is not taken seriously and
won't be. I guess the people have similar interests...

So consider this my resignation and please delete me from the list. I'll miss
posts from Milton, Wolfgang, Avri and a couple of other thoughtful people, but
alas, it's not enough to sustain the pointless babble that this list goes on
with.

It's a shame, this list has the potential to be an interesting discussion of
ideas, but is so caught up with navel-gazing it achieves next to nothing.

David