[governance] Kenya's IGF 2011 Announcement News

Jean-Louis FULLSACK jlfullsack at orange.fr
Tue Jan 11 10:25:39 EST 2011

Dear membrers of the list

Exerpt from the IGF 2011 announcement :

<“We proudly look forward to hosting yet another significant Internet
governance process in Kenya,” says Alice Munyua, chair of the Kenya
organising committee.

As a member of CS committed in solidarity and cooperation, I'll be really "proud"  when the Africa's largest shanty town Kibera disappears and when its 1,4 million people, living in unworthy conditions, are integrated in the capital city as plain and recognized citizens of Nairobi.

If we, as ICT, telecoms and Internet aware folks, can be helpful for this to happen, then only can we "proudly look forward".

That's my simple opinion

Jean-Louis Fullsack
CSDPTT