[governance] New membership database: choose your own username

Michael Froomkin - U.Miami School of Law froomkin at law.miami.edu
Tue Jan 4 16:09:21 EST 2011

As a long-time reader, if rather quiet one, I too went through the web
hoops just now.  I do hope it doesn't mean I'll get duplicate copies of
the messages to the list.  I also join with those who -- while
appreciating the energy and possible advantages -- would have admired it
more if it had all happened with a bit more consultation and warning.  As
regards the suggestion that membership might be dis-approved ("Your e-mail
account xxxx has been validated. Please wait until your
account is approved. You will receive login information to your e-mail
account.") I did find it unsettling.  Approved by whom and according to
what criteria.

Oh well, back to lurking.

--
A. Michael Froomkin, http://www.law.tm Blog: http://www.discourse.net
Laurie Silvers & Mitchell Rubenstein Distinguished Professor of Law
+1 (305) 284-4285  |    +1 (305) 284-6506 (fax)  |  froomkin at law.tm
     governance at lists.cpsr.org

To edit your profile and for other IGC information, see:

     governance at lists.cpsr.org