[governance] New membership database: choose your own username

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Tue Jan 4 07:01:42 EST 2011

Hi,

that is one step better, but still not adequate.  you are still making subscription depend on the good graces of the co-coordinator.  An extra power that was not assigned in the charter.

If you want them to join your web interface, then just put a message in the signon message telling that when their subscription is confirmed with the email check.  then they can do so or not as they please.

Also, you get a confirmation message each time someone signs on.  you could automate a web page signon process based on receipt of that message.

a.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org