[governance] Meeting adjourned

Roland Perry roland at internetpolicyagency.com
Fri Feb 25 13:00:12 EST 2011

In message
<AANLkTiknHfhSadSA7ytMeKhqjYE7HtwE9A3O3mpGyawm at mail.gmail.com>, at
02:05:44 on Sat, 26 Feb 2011, Izumi AIZU <iza at anr.org> writes

>The point we could not agree with is - how to improve IGF - in terms
>of linking IGF to broader dialogue on Internet governance.

Is "broader dialogue" code for "discussions in the ITU", or something
else?

Broader could mean "more participants involved", or "more topics
involved". Either [or both] would be quite possible, given what the IGF
has achieved so far (early days, only five years...)

Do you think the discussion today has benefited from being fully
multi-stakeholder [the +15 attendees] and from having no observers? Does
everyone in the room fell they have some ownership of the position at
the end of the day, or is there a battle-line developing, and if so
between whom?
--
Roland Perry
     governance at lists.cpsr.org