[governance] on Observers at MAG meeting

Miguel Alcaine miguel.alcaine at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 05:10:29 EST 2011

Dear Anriette,

Governments are not aware of the reasons why they should actively
participate in IGF, particularly many developing countries which are
not aware even of the reasons why they should participate in anything
regarding IG.

There are a few Governments involved, but they have remained the same
since the beginning and the majority do not care.

It is a challenge to explain to them, when there is an opportunity to
do so. We need to show them the link between IG - Development - Socio
Economic Impact.

Finally, I agree that this treat might have an impact on IGF sooner
thant later, although I consider IGF to be a necessary part on the IG
ecosystem.

Best,

Miguel

     governance at lists.cpsr.org