[governance] on Observers at MAG meeting

Katitza Rodriguez katitza at eff.org
Thu Feb 24 09:02:43 EST 2011

I am there, and I am happy to offer support. Just ping me and I am able
to speak. Even if I am remote participant, I will make my point come
through.

I just volunteer to consolidate the main session on SOP. I will take
into account the consensus IGC Statement
http://www.igcaucus.org/main-session-themes-2011-nairobi-meeting-igf for
the questions. At least the A2K, NN, and the cross border issues as
those issues fits perfect for the SOP session. We need also a "reactive
agenda" re: law enforcement agenda at the intersection of fundamental
rights and freedoms (as well as due process, legal safeguards, rule of
law). This is something will pop up as you can read from the draft paper
published on IGC site (and that we haven't promote:). The SOP session is
fairly unbalance right now and as you can imagine, it is not good.

I am not in the meeting so I am not sure which questions they are
talking about re: each session.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to hear the discussion of the observers.
It was not streamed. Sorry for those who are in the meeting and have no
speak rights.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org