[governance] FW: [] Fwd: IPv4 Address Exhaustion Milestone & Comcast Starts DOCSIS IPv6 Trial

Ian Peter ian.peter at ianpeter.com
Sun Feb 6 15:23:48 EST 2011

Among other informed critics of current approaches you will find you will
find

Phill Hallam-Baker - see his comments here
http://www.circleid.com/posts/20101206_the_trouble_with_6to4/

Bill St Arnaud
http://billstarnaud.blogspot.com/2010/12/what-comes-after-ipv6-and-dns.html

Noel Chiappa

My own take here agrees with with Bob Frankston who Lee mentioned - like the
Roman roadbuilders of old, we will probably just pave over TCP/IP and build
something better and stronger. Perhaps this will come through the
established IETF - perhaps through the GENI and other next generation
experiments - most likely however, from left field somewhere and some young
developer, most likely in India or China.

In the meantime, my personal advice to any small or medium sized
organisation or business feeling they must rush to IPv6 is - you don't. The
end is not nigh!

Ian Peter

     governance at lists.cpsr.org