[governance] Results of consensus call on themes statement

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Sun Feb 6 12:06:44 EST 2011

Hi,

Just wanted to say that I did not vote and have not been participating in the discussions related to IGF and its future, because I have gone back on contract to DESA/IGF as of 20 Jan 2011 until 1 March 2011. To be honest, I had not expect this contract after Markus' departure and therefore had started commenting freely on IGF when I wasn't on contract - something I had avoided in the past when I had expected the contract to be renewed.

But I do not want my lack of voting to be logged in the membership ledger as a disinterest in being a member in good standing.

Also, I did look to see if there was an 'abstain option' and did not see it.  I would suggest that in the future, an 'abstain option' with optional opportunity to log the reason, be included in ballots.

On the keeping of the membership list, I have no problem with such a list existing - that was never my point.  My only concern is how that list is created, added to, deleted from, and used.

a.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org