[governance] Article on Mashable on the Web and developing countries

Fouad Bajwa fouadbajwa at gmail.com
Sun Feb 6 04:08:03 EST 2011

I may smile right now...........I didn't give a conclusion at all. I
said both negative and positive developments plus rational measurement
indicator instruments should be in place................btw, I gave
this presentation in front of all the ICT, Innovation, Science and
Technology Ministries of the globe...........it was well
perceived........thank you....one is free to quote any
examples..........my point of view remains on reality.

On Sun, Feb 6, 2011 at 2:02 PM, Roland Perry
<roland at internetpolicyagency.com> wrote:
> In message <AANLkTinEvMGr_EVU-AzMJUo_8CW4Sj-c95FEJS3sRys8 at mail.gmail.com>,
> at 13:52:26 on Sun, 6 Feb 2011, Fouad Bajwa <fouadbajwa at gmail.com> writes
>>
>> You will need to go through the news items on Pakistan and terrorism
>> for the past 3 years..........read out how cell phones were used to
>> coordinate various activities by perpetrators..............the Pak -
>> India investigations on the Mumbai attack and the documentaries made
>> on the issue all show mobile communications...........on television
>> and records exchanged etc.........and the same would be for Iraq and
>> Afghanistan and the IED explosions that occur through cell phone
>> operated systems....
>
> I have a problem with laying the blame for problems like that on any
> particular aspect of the technology "food chain".
>
> You might just as well say that London Buses have caused loss of life
> because one was bombed on 7th July 2005, or even blame the deaths on the oil
> refinery (because without diesel fuel the bus would have stayed in the
> depot).
>
> R.

>>> Can you give some examples of this?
>
> --