[governance] Article on Mashable on the Web and developing countries

Fouad Bajwa fouadbajwa at gmail.com
Sun Feb 6 03:52:26 EST 2011

You will need to go through the news items on Pakistan and terrorism
for the past 3 years..........read out how cell phones were used to
coordinate various activities by perpetrators..............the Pak -
India investigations on the Mumbai attack and the documentaries made
on the issue all show mobile communications...........on television
and records exchanged etc.........and the same would be for Iraq and
Afghanistan and the IED explosions that occur through cell phone
operated systems....

This approach to dispel both the positive and negative side
comparisons of Mobile technology and Cell phone use should eliminated
and a more rational approach should adopted taking into account even
issues like terrorism, surveillance, freedom of expression violations,
spying also account as indicators on the cellular
medium..........after reading the cases of Egyptian Internet shutdown
with Narus's traffic intelligence solution that provides DPI on both
Internet and Cellular services, Narus's sales to various countries of
the developing world is clear indicator of what is happening in
reality and where these positive and negative outcomes are in
effect...really one should read the news on a regular basis about
these parts of the world.........with or without a revolution ;o)

-- Foo

     governance at lists.cpsr.org