[governance] Could the U.S. shut down the internet?

Fouad Bajwa fouadbajwa at gmail.com
Sat Feb 5 18:26:50 EST 2011

I guess many countries are already conducting Deep Packet Inspection
including my country through NarusInsight, the same surveillance
system used to shutdown the Internet in Egypt as well as control the
Internet that monitors Twitter, Facebook and Cell Phone caller account
activity.

The company is Boeing owned and based in California.............I rest
my case! The issue may also be for future consideration for the free
and open source software community to develop counter Traffic
Intelligence and DPI software.............

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/timothy-karr/one-us-corporations-role-_b_815281.html

http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/dailyweekly/2011/01/narus_boeing-owned_company_is.php

--- Foo

     governance at lists.cpsr.org