[governance] Re: Why the unilateral US control over generic TLD is dangerous

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Wed Feb 2 03:59:55 EST 2011

Further to below, Verisign admitted that the seizure action was done
through them (this is about the old case mentioned in my email). quoting
from below referred item.

So, Adam, changing the registrar in the present case under discussion
would simply not have helped. So lets focus on the real problem, and a
possible solution to it.

    VeriSign sent this statement:

        VeriSign received sealed court orders directing certain actions
        to be taken with respect to specific domain names, and took
        appropriate actions. Because the orders are sealed, further
        questions should be directed to the U.S. Department of Homeland
        Security.

--
PK