[governance] Voluntary contributions for the server migration

Izumi AIZU iza at anr.org
Thu Dec 22 08:00:54 EST 2011

Dear list,
I have handed Jeremy with $200 in cash yesterday taking advantage of
my visit to Kuala Lumpur where Jeremy is stationed. We agreed that
this will be used for securing the independent server via commercial
hosting service, and to migrate both the website and the mailing list
server functions from the existing hosts. Jeremy will work on these
with our current host masters, APC and CSPR, and make sure the
transition be smooth. $200 should be enough for the next two years
of operation.

As for the funding, I put my money first. I plan to collect the voluntary
contributions in the coming year. Something like $10 or $ 20 each from
any individuals. First, hoping to use the opportunities
of Geneva meetings, CSTD WG in January and IGF/MAG open
consultation meetings in February, and perhaps also other
meetings. I will report these contributions with their names and
amounts if they wish to be disclosed.

Setting up an independent bank account maybe another option, but
at this point, with small amount of $200, I think we do not have to
bother that.

We can further investigate the feasibility of micorpayments,
but so far it seems we anyway need a credit card account of someone
to be the recipient of these services.

Any comments and suggestions are of course very much welcome.

izumi
     governance at lists.cpsr.org