[governance] Occupy Wall Street vision statement development process

Thomas Lowenhaupt toml at communisphere.com
Fri Dec 16 11:57:23 EST 2011

I've been somewhat involved with the Occupy Wall Street movement here in
NYC and thought I'd pass on a link to a tool they are using to develop
the statement.

     1. because it's a cool tool that might be useful on the governance
        list (or elsewhere)
     2. because you may want to see what they're thinking about as a
        vision statement. I'm unclear when the Vision Statement will (if
        ever) be adopted by the General Assembly (the OWS ruling body
        that runs by consensus), but the hope is by end of year. If this
        working group gets its way, then when people ask "What do they
        want." the answer will be "Read the Vision Statement."

See the statement evaluator
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?hl=en_US&formkey=dGFXZHNwcTBCUHlyS295RnNnMmh2V2c6MQ#gid=0>.

Best,

Tom Lowenhaupt