[governance] A shame for the EC

Fouad Bajwa fouadbajwa at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 06:16:29 EST 2011

Sometimes the Universities and research centers struggle to innovate
or produce meaningful contributions to the human and scientific body
of knowledge. This compels and pressures students or researchers to
attempt dealing with research issues and defend what already exists
and only to struggle to find something new or innovative or argue for
issues that have been already contributed in one form or the other.

Plagiarism is also used as a form of political manipulation tool in
certain cases. I have seen this to be a common method of intellectual
abuse in Pakistan in order to protect nepotism and political
interference within certain higher education and research sectors.

We cannot undermine human potential using an educational system
originally designed to produce slaves of a capitalist and consumer
social environment. What are the tools to assess human capability have
always remained a great challenge for psychology and cognitive
studies.

In this case, if someone is deemed to be an advisor without and
decision making status, that person may only be surviving within the
system on analysis and ideas. Education and means of education remain
a privacy issue but this may seemingly not be the case here.

As far as I see, the EU Commission and the processes that run within
and around do not allow a single mind power and that's where this
issue and the pressures around tend to settle down. Public interest
and intervention should remain key to every policy matter and in the
broader interest of society, such an issue may only be an example of
prejudice. Let's move on!

--
Regards.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org