[governance] IGC meeting at Nairobi IGF

Jeremy Malcolm jeremy at ciroap.org
Wed Aug 31 23:37:21 EDT 2011

Izumi and I would like to invite all those who will be at the Nairobi IGF meeting to attend a general meeting of the Internet Governance Caucus in the evening of 26 September.

As in recent years, GIGANET have generously offered that we can have our meeting in their room after their symposium wraps up which I understand will be at around 6:30pm on 26 September.  We will try not to take too long, in order that those from the GIGANET or APC meetings who will be dining afterwards will be able to get away on time.

There will be no decisions taken at the meeting, but it will be an opportunity for review of the past year and discussion of what is ahead.  Suggested items for the agenda are:

IGC's workshops at this IGF
Next coordinator elections
Working groups of the IGC
Strategic direction for the IGC
Review of the IGC charter
Other Internet governance processes

If you have any other items to discuss, please reply to this thread.

Thanks and we look forward to seeing you there if you can make it.

--
Dr Jeremy Malcolm
Project Coordinator

Consumers International (CI) is the world federation of consumer groups that, working together with its members, serves as the only independent and authoritative global voice for consumers. With over 220 member organisations in 115 countries, we are building a powerful international movement to help protect and empower consumers everywhere.
www.consumersinternational.org
Twitter @ConsumersInt

Read our email confidentiality notice. Don't print this email unless necessary.