[governance] regulating the digital space - whose laws apply, and whose do not

Daniel Kalchev daniel at digsys.bg
Wed Aug 31 07:27:55 EDT 2011

On 31.08.11 13:40, Norbert Bollow wrote:
> Daniel Kalchev<daniel at digsys.bg>  wrote:
>> No Government regulates the Common Sense, because it is incompatible
>> with Governments.
>> It is a private thing. Shared by billions of humans.
[...]
> Maybe the kind of human nature that we all share makes it humanly impossible to create a kind of government that does not lack humility, a kind of government that would respect Common Sense as supreme guidance for all of its activites. On the other hand, maybe it is possible?

They say Hope leaves us last of all others.

I meant 'incompatible with government regulation' of course -- my
command of English is rather poor.

The problem of Governments, those that are good and those that aren't is
their by definition local power. Thinking about that limitation, it is
actually a benefit for everybody. Probably exists for a reason or by
design. Governments are created by humans, are staffed by humans and it
is said, that "there are two known infinite things: the Universe and the
Human Stupidity. Yet, for one of these it is not so certain."

I am not suggesting that we should invite Aliens to regulate the Internet.

Daniel
     governance at lists.cpsr.org