[governance] China supports UK Internet Policy

Riaz K Tayob riaz.tayob at gmail.com
Sat Aug 20 04:36:12 EDT 2011

Of course I am!

It was a cheeky slight intended for those who advocated the almost
absolute supremacy of Northern governance regimes, including
"representative" ICANN over any other arrangements!

While these debates are learning processes, and things move on and
change, for me the tenor of these issues are merely an indication of a
proverbial North/South divide in discourse on these matters. So called
claims to universalism that do violence to difference, in other words.
While many may not feel empathy, my hat tips to Parminder et al for
chugging along despite these pressures.

riaz