[governance] Call for hub registration IGF 2011 (reminder)

Bernard Sadaka sdkaaa at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 16:49:52 EDT 2011

Dear Andrey,

The trainings on the remote participation platform will be scheduled for the
next 2 weeks to come; therefore, and in order to take part of these
trainings, it would be better if you can register your hub during the next
couple of days.

All the best,
Bernard.
-
Bernard SADAKA

On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 8:28 PM, Shcherbovich Andrey <dvbirve at yandex.ru>wrote:

> Dear Marilla and colleagues!
>
> Could you please remind me what is the deadline for hub registration?
>
>  Thank you!
> Sincerely, Andrey
> 04.08.2011, 22:53, "Marilia Maciel" <mariliamaciel at gmail.com>:
>
> Dear all,
>
> Just a quick remind about the call for hub registration. We would
> appreciate if you can share this information with your contacts.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Marília
>
> *Call for hub registration - IGF 2011*
>
> If you are not able to attend the next IGF in Nairobi, Kenya, you can
> follow it remotely! Remote participation, and specifically the hubs
> structure, has been successful in  previous IGF's in partnership between
> United Nations IGF Secretariat and the Remote Participation Working Group
> (RPWG).  This time again - the Remote Participation Working Group will
> provide interactive *channels for e-participation *so you can follow the
> discussions from home; watch the webcast of the event ; and participate in
> live chat. Or you can also expand the discussions and organize an IGF hub in
> your city!
>
> So what are the *"Hubs*?"  The hubs are local meetings that take place in
> parallel with the IGF.  People can watch the webcast together and send
> questions (via text or video) that will be answered by panelists in IGF.  In
> addition, hub organizers can hold debates to discuss the themes introduced
> at the IGF from their local perspective. There are several advantages in
> creating a hub - it helps to raise awareness about Internet Governance
> issues;  it fosters networking among participants and community building;
> and it encourages follow-up activities. For your convenience, we have
> created a page to explain about remote hubs. *Click here!*<http://www.igfremote.info/what-are-remote-%E2%80%9Chubs%E2%80%9D/>
>
> *How to organize a hub?*  The requirements are very simple:
> •    A room or auditorium. It can be held in a university classroom or any
> other convenient place;
> •    A computer with a broadband Internet connection and a videoconference
> (or projector) equipment, to watch the webcast;
> •    A hub moderator, who will plan the dynamics of the local discussions
> as well as transmit the hub participants’ questions or comments to the IGF
> through the remote participation channels;
> •    A general call in lists, forums etc, to invite the interested local
> community.
>
> If you are interested in setting up a local remote hub in your area, please
> click on link for the *IGF HUB REGISTRATION<http://www.intgovforum.org/cms/remote-participation-2011/hubs-instructions-2011>
> * and follow the instructions.  There will also be an online training (to
> be announced soon) for hub organizers prior to the event.
>
> What's more?
Hub participants are also encouraged to send short