[governance] ECOSOC Follow Up

Baudouin SCHOMBE b.schombe at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 04:57:33 EDT 2011

Hello everyone,

I enjoyed the arguments of Marilia. Wolf proposals are as relevant they
deserve some contributions:

1. We Have to Develop a more general position in form of a statement for the
next CSTD meeting (probably in Fall 2011 and then again in May 2012) to ask
for clarifications and a Greater Some sustainablity with regard to the WSIS
CS Involvement in follow up related Activities of the CSTD. Should we do
this via Directly and friendly Governments.

*I think it would be desirable for the involvement of CS in the activities
of the CSTD are proposed and discussed in the IGF regional and
subregional meetings
before  CSTD meeting.*

......However, if Nothing is happening with the WG until end of August /
early September 2011, CS Could take the lead and to invite the Governmental
and Non-Governmental members of the WG year for informal meeting to Discuss
both procedural substantial issues and with regard to the future work of the
WG. We could Certainly get a room for 50 or so people for Two or Three hours
on Day 3 or 4 and I am sure That More than 50 percent of group-members Will
Come to Nairobi........

I propose that a draft of what will be discussed in Nairobi  can be
offered before
the meeting in Nairobi. This will allow us to prepare items from the
country.
.
Écouter
Lire phonétiquement