[governance] HAppy easter to all!!!!

Vanda UOL vanda at uol.com.br
Fri Apr 22 10:36:29 EDT 2011

Peace , Joy and lot of chocolate!!!

Vanda Scartezini

Polo Consultores Associados

IT Trend

Alameda Santos 1470 – 1407,8

01418-903 São Paulo,SP, Brasil

Tel + 5511 3266.6253

Mob + 55118181.1464

De: governance at lists.cpsr.org [mailto:governance at lists.cpsr.org] Em nome de
Marilia Maciel
Enviada em: quinta-feira, 21 de abril de 2011 14:36
Para: governance at lists.cpsr.org
Assunto: Re: [governance] Proposed workshop text on CSTD and/or Indian
proposal

Just to clarify, I have written to non-gov stakeholder groups only, not to
gov reps.

On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 2:29 PM, Marilia Maciel <mariliamaciel at gmail.com>
wrote:

Dear all,

I have consulted other stakeholder groups (wrote to the members of the CSTD
WG) and asked them if they would like to co-sponsor and/or participate as
speakers in our workshop "reflections on the indian proposal".

After some delay, both groups answered me that they are going to present
their own workshop proposals about the CSTD process and IGF improvement.
They said they would be open to talk about merging with us and asked me to
convey this message to you.

We know how merging can result in a "frankenstein" specially in a topic like
this. So we have to carefully assess what to do next. I was really hoping
that talking to other groups in advance would make us engage in fruitful
dialogue and would allow us to present a unified proposal.

Business sector has not yet a text of their proposal (to be advanced by
ICC). The technical community has a draft proposal, that is too broad in my
opinion, and will hardly advance the debate. The key-questions in their
proposal are:

- Compare and contrast the two IGF improvement processes [CSTD WG and MAG],
identifying the advantages and disadvantages of each process, and where
there is overlap in their work, if any.

·       Examine some example improvements contributed to each process,
following through their implementation, or otherwise, to assess the real
world constraints that have an affect on implementation

·       Discuss the best processes that can be used in future to identify
and implement improvements to the IGF

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Marília

On Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 3:20 PM, Marilia Maciel <mariliamaciel at gmail.com>