[governance] Proposed workshop text on CSTD and/or Indian proposal

Marilia Maciel mariliamaciel at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 10:16:07 EDT 2011

Dear all,

I share with you below the workshop proposal from the business sector.
Ayesha said it is a place holder and they are willing to merge their
proposal with ours and with the one from the technical community.
Best wishes,
Marília

*Concise description of the workshop proposal:*

Improvements in the IGF are an ongoing item within the IGF, and have been a
topic within the public consultations and the MAG.  The UN CSTD Working
group [chartered by ECOSOC resolution 2010/2 ] is undertaking an examination
of proposed improvements, based on a number of public consultations. A
workshop on IGF improvements is useful as one of the workshops during the
IGF 2011. We propose a roundtable workshop format that includes the full
range of stakeholders to discuss a broad range of ideas and provide an
opportunity to exchange perspectives on proposed improvements.

Participation in this Roundtable will include representation from the CSTD
Working Group members and other invited participants. Remote participation
will be an integral part of this workshop including real-time transcription,
remote participation support and we would designate a remote moderator.

Substantive discussion within this Roundtable workshop will focus on
envision an interactive discussion to promote exchange and understanding
from a broad range of stakeholders on the range of proposed improvements.

We understand that other stakeholders are interested in proposing a

workshop on IGF improvements as well, and thus we would be pleased to

work with others to organize an effective workshop. Given the deadline for

submitting proposals we are submitting this as a placeholder and look

forward to discussing ways to collaborate with other proposers on this

topic area.

On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 2:39 PM, Avri Doria <avri at acm.org> wrote:

> On 21 Apr 2011, at 19:29, Marilia Maciel wrote:
>
> > ·       Examine some example improvements contributed to each process,
> following through their implementation, or otherwise, to assess the real
> world constraints that have an affect on implementation
> >

> how do you do this when no improvements have yet been implemented that
> derive from the CSTD process.
>
> Or do I completely misunderstand.
>
> a.

>     http://www.igcaucus.org/