[governance] Proposed workshop text on global net neutrality

Roland Perry roland at internetpolicyagency.com
Wed Apr 13 03:57:40 EDT 2011

In message <12719692-45D6-42B7-81E8-FF358116B7F2 at post.harvard.edu>, at
14:07:51 on Tue, 12 Apr 2011, David Allen
<David_Allen_AB63 at post.harvard.edu> writes
>The telco was required to provide 'common carriage.'  It could not
>interfere with the message.  What was put on the wire was delivered.

As an aside, there is a school of thought which says that this approach
would make it very difficult to combat spam, and in more recent times to
remove sources of viruses and malware and isolate members of botnets.

It's actually the number-one complaint from members of the public when I
try to describe what "Internet Governance" is - from their perspective
we are all doing a terrible job on account of failing to combat spam.

--
Roland Perry
     governance at lists.cpsr.org