[governance] Request for a debater

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Mon Apr 11 14:41:06 EDT 2011

This request may sound humorous but it is serious, though I admit I write this message with a mischievous gleam in my eye.
As some of you know, GigaNet is holding a symposium on Internet governance in Washington DC, on May 5 and 6. We have quite a few good speakers from both the policy and the academic world lined up. You can see the schedule here: http://www.amiando.com/GigaNET-DC-2011.html

One of our panels is labeled "Whither the IGF." It will consist of a debate between someone who thinks the IGF is worthwhile and evolving well, and someone who thinks it's either on the wrong track or should be abandoned. We have a pro-IGF speaker. Now we need an anti. Of course, you have to be in or around Washington DC on those dates, and be articulate and well-informed about the current status of the IGF.

Milton L. Mueller
Professor, Syracuse University School of Information Studies
Internet Governance Project
http://blog.internetgovernance.org

     governance at lists.cpsr.org