[governance] Proposed workshop text on CSTD and/or Indian proposal

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Fri Apr 8 23:23:28 EDT 2011

While at it, it would not be appropriate if the IGC does not take note
of the hottest public policy issue right now - that of net neutrality.
The US congress yesterday blocked FCC's NN guidelines, which themselves
were not good enough. In these political contestations, right now in
front of our eyes, the Internet, and through it a world order, of the
future is being shaped. (Dont say it is just a US matter; how much I
wish US policies were just US matters.) So may be somethign like

'A possible framework for global Net Neutrality'

In addressing this issue we will be doing a specific positive
contribution to global Internet policy regimes.

Important to note that Council of Europe is working on the issue of
global net neutrality.

parminder