[governance] Proposed workshop text on CSTD and/or Indian proposal

Marilia Maciel mariliamaciel at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 11:50:16 EDT 2011

I also support are more focused workshop, based on the discussion of a
specific proposal of improvement.

I just believe that we should carefully frame it, so that stakeholder
representatives that do not necessarely agree with the proposal feel invited
and encouraged to participate and put forth their arguments. During the CSTD
WG meeting, the technical community and US opposed the proposal, but they
did not say why.

I also agree that we put forth a proposal about mapping the IG ecosystem and
the inter-relation between the fora. We could also try to map what are the
key IG-related issues being currently discussed in other fora.  That will be
useful to newcomers, but also to us, as the report from the UN SG clearly
mentioned that the links between the IGF and the broader dialogue about IG
should be strenghtened.

Marilia

On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 10:24 AM, Norbert Bollow <nb at bollow.ch> wrote:

> Adam Peake <ajp at glocom.ac.jp> wrote: