[governance] Criterion for charter voting

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Thu Sep 30 13:47:33 EDT 2010

On Thursday 30 September 2010 08:58 AM, Jeremy Malcolm wrote:

> So my first preference is that we accept both the coordinator election result AND the charter vote as valid, but I have encouraged Parminder to let the Appeals Team decide if this is unacceptable to him.

Jeremy, I am not sure I will like to use the appeals team for this.
Precisely because I consider it rather likely that the appeals team,
faced with having to take a formal decision on the issue, may decide
that the charter amendment process was not right (among others, I read
Avri too as saying that it would be a close call).

And I hope you have considered the implications of this. It will
invalidate the outputs of the nomcom constituted on the basis of the
charter amendment, whereby , a few weeks down, we will be left with not
having the slate of IGC nominees for the CSTD WG, to hurry towards which
we have got into all this.

I would not like to expose ourselves to that risk.

  Parminder

PS: However this does not rule out that someone else may appeal against
the process, and indeed I have read some views on the list which are at
least as critical of the way the process has been conducted as I.