[governance] Remote participation at Vilnius IGF 2010

Adam Peake ajp at glocom.ac.jp
Wed Sep 29 08:38:02 EDT 2010

The facilities made available for remote
participation were amazing:  video and real time
transcripts from every room a great achievement.

During security, openness, privacy session Kieren
did a very good job of bringing in the remote
hubs and also telling us of how many people were
there in a particular place: 44 people in Dhaka,
naming the hubs that were following and chatting.
Gave a good sense that we weren't alone in the
room, the hubs started to became a real  people
rather than something off in the ether.

Suggest next time each of the hubs and moderators
are encouraged to find out who is online, how
many, where are they.  Make them more real.

Adam

     governance at lists.cpsr.org