[governance] IGC Coordinator election and charter votes now open

Jeremy Malcolm jeremy at ciroap.org
Wed Sep 29 00:32:05 EDT 2010

You should just have received a personal email inviting you to cast your vote for the next co-coordinator of the IGC.  After you confirm your eligibility and cast your vote, you will also become eligible to vote on the recently-discussed charter amendment.

If you did not receive your personal invitation email, please first check your junk email folder, and if you still do not have it, let me know.

The draft form of the coordinator ballot and charter poll has been approved by Ginger also, but I will take primary responsibility for any disputes that people may wish to raise about the process adopted.

The 2009 appeals team (Jeanette Hofmann, Adam Peake, Carlos Alfonso, Ken Lohento and Fouad Bajwa), who have not yet been replaced for 2010, are (I hope) also available to hear any disagreements.

Following the informal procedure adopted in previous years (the charter is, surprisingly, silent), the election ballot and charter poll will be open for 10 days from now, which ends on 9 September 2010, "rounded up" until midnight that night.

The last subscriber who is eligible to affirm IGC membership is Alan Greenberg, who subscribed on 23 July 2010.  The first subscriber who missed out on that opportunity is Giorgio Simeoli who subscribed on 10 August.  One subscriber, emisa+ig at gmail.com has an email address that is not technically capable of receiving a personalised invitation

--
Jeremy Malcolm
Project Coordinator

CI is 50
Consumers International marks 50 years of the global consumer movement in 2010.
Celebrate with us as we continue to support, promote and protect consumer rights around the world.
http://www.consumersinternational.org/50

Read our email confidentiality notice. Don't print this email unless necessary.