[governance] IMPORTANT: 10 members required to approve a

Avri Doria avri at psg.com
Mon Sep 27 07:51:36 EDT 2010

Hi,

I figure this can be left to the co-coorodinators.  we choose them to be reasonable.

And if enough of us think they behaved unreasonably we can pounce on them on the list and if necessary in appeal.  While it still has not been used, I feel the appeals mechanisms is a good deterrent to precipitous and unreasonable behavior.

if we define each of these things to its minutia we will have a very long set of rules and procedures and need a staff to start creating complicated pictorial process explanations and freaky straightjacket forms (oh no, that was a nightmare from my other avocation, never mind)

One think I disagree with Jeremy on:

> Thanks everyone, we now have enough support to put this amendment to a vote, which I'll do in conjunction with the coordinator ballot as soon as I have the last remaining candidate's statement and have compiled the latest voter list.  No need for more responses until then.

Well actually now that it is up for a vote, it is reasonable that we discuss it to the extent that people will feel informed when voting for or against it.   You have you 10 champions for the idea.  But approving an amendment takes a fair number of voters.  I.e. 2/3 of those who are currently deemed as members based on the previous vote.  Getting 2/3 is never a shoe in.

So people asking questions about why and whether seems a good idea to me.

Of course I am sure Jeremy did not really mean that we should stop talking about, it just read that way to me.  so i pounced.

a.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org